What are the dates for 2017?
- There are new dates for 2017. This year it is the last 3 weekends in November. the final day is Sunday 26th November.
What time do you open?
- There are new session times for 2017. 2 Sessions each evening - 5.00pm to 6.30pm or 6.30pm to 8.00pm. Please be sure to arrive during your allocated time.
- No, your ticket is only valid for the date and time shown on the ticket, they are not transferable.
- To gurantee entry please buy your tickets in advance. On busy nights we may have to restrict entry to those without tickets.
When is the best time to visit?
- The least busy day for The Enchanted Woodland is Friday. Saturdays can be very busy. and Sundays are often very busy at the start of the evening. Do make sure you leave plenty of time to get here and make sure you arive at the entrance within your allocated time. The lights go out at 9pm.
What age is a child?
- 3 - 16 years inclusive. 2 and under are free. but still require a ticket.
Will there be any food?
- Yes, the Garden Kitchen Restaurant in the Garden Centre offers a range of hot and cold beverages, including mulled wine, hot chocolate, a BBQ and all their usual offerings. Click here for more information.
Is it outside?
- Yes, so wrap up warm and wear comfortable shoes.
Is it during the day?
- No, the doors open for the first evening session at 5.00pm as darkness falls, when the lit trees can be seen in their full splendour.
What if the weather is bad?
- Different weather brings different atmospheres. We have had snow before! We would only be forced to close for safety reasons if there were warnings of extremely high winds. Check the homepage and twitter feed (@EnchantedSyon) for the latest information. Please remember that this is an outdoor walk through the woodlands, so do come dressed for the weather!
Are there any toilets?
- Yes, we have toilets at the start and finish of The Enchanted Woodland, but not on the route.
How long is the route?
- It is about a mile long.
- The route is lit throughout. Some parts are very light, especially where there are setpiece displays. Other parts are darker for contrast. However, there is lighting along the whole route, and all stewards have powerful torches for use in emergency.
How long does it take?
- It depends how long your legs are and how fast you walk! Seriously, it can take 30 minutes at a fairly brisk pace but allow about an hour so you can stop to enjoy the views and play with some of the interactive lights.
- There isn't a cloakroom to leave bags and belongings you need to keep them with you at all times. Remember it is all outside and involves walking.
Are dogs allowed?
- We only allow assistance dogs on the route.
Are there any flashing lights?
- Yes, there are a few lasers and strobe lights. Specific details in the "Lighting Information" section on this page. Any questions, please ask.
Can I take photographs?
- Yes, we actively encourage photography. Email some of your best ones and we will try and put some on our gallery. Have a look at Flickr for photos from previous years.
Who is it suitable for?
- It is suitable for everyone! Young and old, 1 to 100! We have even had a surprising number of wedding proposals and almost a birth before now. (There is an excellent maternity unit at the West Middlesex Hospital if you feel contractions.....)
How accessible is the route?
- About two thirds of the route is tarmac and the rest is gravel. Please bear in mind that it is winter and the changeable weather can affect the paths. There are Syon gardeners and House staff on the route so please feel free to ask them any questions or if you need help. Just look out for a hi-vis vest. Most of them are friendly!
Is my 2 for 1 card valid?
- There are a few 2 for 1 deals we have with external companies that are valid for general House opening during the season. We are afraid they aren't valid for special events including The Enchanted Woodland. Don't forget to use them when the House opens next March.
- There are various offers with 3rd parties and local resident discounts that are valid during the summer for House and garden admission. However, these aren't valid for special events including the Enchanted Woodland. Check out our main website for more information www.syonpark.co.uk
- The main cost of staging The Enchanted Woodland is the set up of the lights. We are rigorous about keeping other costs to a minimum, which is why we do so little advertising - the event sells itself through word of mouth!
- All proceeds from The Enchanted Woodland are re-invested directly into the Gardens and Great Conservatory. Over the last few years The Enchanted Woodland has paid for:
- The specialist restoration of the historic stone vases on the terrace of The Great Conservatory.
- Re-surfacing tarmac paths around the lake with a dressed gravel finish
- Masonry work to the roof of the Waterlily House, the West Wing of The Great Conservatory, and replacement of high level coping stones
- Restoration of the north west quadrant of Dome of the Great Conservatory
- Restoration and re-glazing of the east pavilion of the Dome of the Great Conservatory
- Over the winter the next phase of the Great Conservatory roofworks took place. This involved removing all glass from a section of the Dome, and the restoration of the historic metalwork. Income from The Enchanted Woodland will continue to contribute towards the cost of these ongoing works. If you'd like more information please get in touch.
- Email, phone or ask one of us on the night and we'll do our best to help. If we've missed anything out, we'll put it on the website ASAP.
For more information please contact email@example.com